United Hockey Clubs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

United Hockey Clubs

United Hockey Clubs is a EASHL Organization, Twos Clubs working as One Organization... Bern Bears and Radio Flyers

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scheduled Team Practice/Practice Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
emericaridr11
Administrator
Administrator
emericaridr11

Kudos : 5307
Rep : 0

Scheduled Team Practice/Practice Rules Empty
PostSubject: Scheduled Team Practice/Practice Rules   Scheduled Team Practice/Practice Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:40 am

Lt.Brannigan says...

I am going to be getting together ORGANIZED team practices starting A.S.A.P. I want to really help make us a better team overall. There are going to be strict guidelines/rules, though. Everything must be followed as written. Once you have read this ENTIRE post from to back and understand it, just reply with your gamertag and when you will be available for practice. I have thought every aspect of it out and it will work as long as we all follow the rules. Here is how it will work:

Rule #1 - When in-game, nobody move around, skate around, or mess with the puck. Dump the puck behind the net and leave it there, and listen to your team leaders!! This is a must if this practice is going to work.

-We will have 2 team leaders, one on each side. I will be on one side because I already have this whole thing down to a science. The next administrator available will be the other leader. It will be a 5v5 OTP practice.

-2 Leaders go into a private chat, then switch to game chat. This will allow them to quickly relay messages while still being able to talk with the team, without worrying about party mode confusing everyone.

-EVERYONE goes in game chat, NO PARTIES ALLOWED except for the team leaders private chat. You MUST have a working mic to participate, or again, it won't work, so only sign below if your mic works.

-I will invite all 10 players that are going to practice, into a game. Once in the game lobby, we will use game chat to decide the teams (not really teams just sides so we can know who is in which position).

-If anyone drops at the beginning, we will try again, and get a new person to creat the game.

-The game will be set up as follows:
Unranked 12-man max OTP, 20 minute periods. I feel the 20 minute periods are necessary to learn everything we have to, and if we get done early, we can just leave. But hopefully, everyone can stay.

-Everyone must start out the game with their BAP camera. This is because the other camera angles will focus on the puck, and will not work for practicing. Don't worry though, you will get your chances before each new practice to change your view back when we start the puck handling drills. It may be a pain it's only 30 seconds of work and pausing, and it will keep things organized.

-One side will be labeled as team #1, and the other side as team #2. I will let you know in-game which one it is.

---------

Once the game starts:

Everyone pause and switch to the BAP camera (if you don't have it on already). Also, you may want to remove the positoning arrows if you are one that uses it. It will get pretty distracting. It is under visual settings as well.

Dump the puck out of the way (behind the net perferably so nobody runs into it). NO ACTING CHILDISH AND MESSING AROUND, obviously....

-------

1st Period:
Defensive Positioning. Leaders will teach defensive positioning based off of the diagram on the forums. Teach every bit of it until they get it down! This is why the BAP view is needed, because otherwise you won't be able to see your player on the ice. This practice will take longest because it is what I feel will help the most.

1st Intermission:
Every team switch back your views to the normal view you play with.

2nd Period:
First 10 minutes of period: Team #1 Breakout. Team #1 will practice the breakout as described in the diagrams on the forums (will be posted soon). Team #2 will take a quick break and discuss a few things partaining to the practice and will STAY IN THE DEFENSIVE ZONE.

Second 10 minutes of period: Team #2 Breakout. Team #1 will give the puck back (just dump it) and will take a quick break and discuss a few things partaining to the practice and will STAY IN THE DEFENSIVE ZONE. Team #2 will practice breakout as described.

2nd Intermission:
Nothing, everyone keep their views set.

3rd Period:
First 10 minutes of period: Team #1 Offensive Zone Cycling. Team #1 will practice the offensive cycling as described in the diagrams on the forums (will be posted soon). Team #2 will take a quick break and discuss a few things partaining to the practice and will STAY ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE.

Second 10 minutes of period: Team #2 Offensive Zone Cycling. Team #2 will practice the offensive cycling as described in the diagrams on the forums (will be posted soon). Team #1 will give the puck back and take a quick break and discuss a few things partaining to the practice and will STAY ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE.

That's it. Practice over. I know, it seems like a pain, but you as players ened to do nothing but stand and listen to the team leaders, and we will set it all up and do all of the work. It has to be someone strong-willed and someone who gets along with the entire team. I know this seems like a lot of work, and you may be saying it is not worth it. Well, in a normal hour, we los two games. In this hour, wer will learn more then we have learned over our first 60 games. That is why it is important. If we all follow this and stick to it, it will prove to work. Sign below if you are ready to start learning and not continue to lose because of no team work or game plan. This is going to work. Also post what times and days you are available (and please post your time zone).

CONFIRMED PLAYERS TO ATTEND
Myself - anytime
RJay - Mon-Fri 8-10 pm est
sniper - anytime
headtrip - anytime
lavak - no time listed
Back to top Go down
http://krestskateteam.freeforums.org

Scheduled Team Practice/Practice Rules
Page 1 of 1